- The disc turns over in flight (too much outside in)
- The player thrusts their hips forward and shoulders back as they throw a forehand.
- The elbow remains close to the waist before or after the throw.
- The player cannot throw a wide forehand.
- The player is using a split finger grip (so they can hold the disc out horizontally, without it flopping down). Holding the disc vertically removes this need.
To correct this, the player can hold the disc vertically, with their elbow out from their body and back.
Practise a forehand throwing motion several times and then throw, emphasising two things:
- Rolling your wrist under, not over, so it finishes palm up
- Moving your elbow through